Finding your bridesmaid dresses can be a daunting task, especially if you have a bunch of girls with all different styles and body types. In an effort to take some of your stress away, we've created a list of our most helpful tips to use when shopping for your bridesmaid dresses!
- You pick the color and they pick the dress: Instead of making all of your bridesmaids wear the same dress, why not give them a color swatch (or color range) and length and let them choose their own dress? Most likely your bridesmaids are different shapes and sizes and by letting them choose their own dresses they will feel more comfortable and confident with their selections.
- Shop at department Stores: This tip is often overlooked and it is a HUGE money saver. We all know anything that includes the word “Wedding” in it is going to be way overpriced, and this is true with Bridal Shops too. Your local Dillards or Nordstrom may have just what you are looking for and sometimes it's even better quality. The department stores will also have more sizes available so your girls can try them on right then and there.
- Don't take all of your bridesmaids with you: You really only need one or two people to accompany when shopping for your dresses. Otherwise you are going to get as many opinions as you have bridesmaids. If you are concerned with the fit of one of your bridesmaids, then maybe you should take her with you. Keep in mind that not everyone will love your dress choice but they will definitely appreciate it if you take cost and fit into consideration.
- Rent your bridesmaid dresses: Everyone claims they are going to select a bridesmaid dress that their bridesmaids can wear again. But so far, I've been in four weddings, and do you know how many of those dresses I have worn again? Nada. Stores like Weddington Way and Rent the Runway let you rent the dress for a fraction of the cost.
- Ditch the accessories or use costume jewelry: Accessories are like wedding favors, they are cute and fun to personalize but if you have a tight budget you don't need to worry about them. If you have to have matching jewelry and accessories opt for inexpensive costume jewelry from places like H&M, Forver 21, or Bauble Bar.
Above all the best way to save on your bridesmaids dresses is to stay organized and not procrastinate. Things like alterations and rush fees can add up fast and can sometimes be avoided if you leave yourself enough time.
Here are some of our FAVORITE alternative places to shop for bridesmaid dresses: