This past September Lulu and Steve flew to Hawaii for their honeymoon and stayed at the Four Seasons Resort in Wailea. From Oceanside Massages to Helicopter rides, Lulu shares What to do, Where to go, and even What to wear for your Maui Honeymoon!
Maui is a popular honeymoon destination and one of the more popular Hawaiian islands, and the flight isn't too bad, especially if you are flying out of Los Angeles (about 5 1/2 hours). The Four Seasons Maui is in Wailea, which is about a 30-minute drive from the airport.
How would you rate your hotel experience and why?
We give it a 10! Our experience was amazing and unforgettable. The staff at the hotel were extremely kind and helpful, they have a concierge desk that helps you plan you trip 24/7. There are three restaurants on site (Spago, DUO, Ferraro's), really recommend doing a 7-9 course food tasting at Spago's by Wolfgang Puck. Also, DUO offers all you can eat raw bar night (oysters, crab legs, lobster, shrimp, poke, you name it!).
What really impressed us was the incredible housekeeping. They come twice a day and they are extremely professional and extremely organized. If we had clothes laying around, they would fold them and stack them nicely, even your shoes were lined up. What shocked me the most was when I walked into the bathroom, all of my makeup and toiletries were nicely lined up and they placed a mat underneath everything. (You know how messy a girl can be getting ready and all!)
In conclusion, we got to feel like we were living in an oceanside mansion with butler service!
What were your favorite things about the Four Seasons Resort in Wailea?
- The resort has three pools. Our favorite one was the Serenity Pool that has a swim up bar and food. There are hot tubs and cabanas around the serenity pool area and the view is INCREDIBLE! You have to try this drink, it's a Mai Tai in a Pineapple!!
- You HAVE to try to do the Oceanside Massage at the Resort's SPA.
- The Restaurant DUO offers all you can eat raw bar night (oysters, crab legs, lobster, shrimp, poke, you name it!). They don't tell you it's all you can eat!!! So take advantage of this and I think its either Tuesdays or Wednesdays only.
- The Concierge desk was very helpful like I said it's 24/7. They do anything for you from car rentals, reservations, etc. Also, the concierge offers free DVD rentals, and they have a massive selection!
- The resort offers free snacks all around the facility, so keep an eye out for these! (When we were there we had Ice popsicles, paella and sangria demonstration. They always have this amazing lemon-ginger drink daily in the lobby)
- There are a couple of boutiques in the resort and they have really cute beach outfits!
What were your favorite activities from your honeymoon?
The Four Seasons Resort have a concierge desk that does all of these for you:
- Car rentals (get the Mustang convertible!)
- Reservations at restaurants (HAVE TO TRY MAMA'S FISH HOUSE!)
- Snorkeling (Go with Alii Nui, they have a beautiful Catamaran with open bar and breakfast and lunch included!! Also, they have a professional photographer on board where you can get as many pictures you want for purchase, you can even rent his cool cameras!)
- Luau's (We had a blast at the Old Lahaina Luau! They are the oldest Luau on the island. They do the “underground” pig roast, the buffet was delicious and all you can eat and drink!)
- Helicopter Ride (YOU HAVE to do the Blue Hawaiian helicopter, the ride was very smooth and you get incredible views from every seat. The windows are massive!)
What would you have done differently if given another chance?
We should have stayed longer!!!
What were your packing must-haves?
Obviously BEACH CLOTHES! Bring lots and lots of cute bathing suits. I got all of my stuff from Everything But Water, they have the cutest bathing suits and cover ups! They have beach bags, cute sandals, accessories, a variety of sundresses (I WANTED ALL OF IT!).
Bring a couple of cute fancy dresses for your romantic dinners and a pair or two of heels! Hawaii is very humid, so make sure to prepare all your makeup essentials! Depending when you visit, bring a light sweater!
Thanks again to Lulu and Steve for sharing their Maui Honeymoon experience with the Four Seasons Resort in Wailea. I think it's safe to say they had an amazing trip! If you have a honeymoon experience you would like to share please submit your experience here!
Lulu and Steve booked their honeymoon through Expedia